MI Guild Presents Gift, Appoints New Officers
LAWRENCE, MA — The Mary Immaculate Guild recently held its annual meeting and presented the MI Nursing/Restorative Center with a gift of $4,000 towards the first floor renovations. This capital renovation project, which began earlier this year, creates a modern, welcoming atmosphere throughout the first floor of the Mary Immaculate Nursing/Restorative Center. Renovations will be completed before the end of the summer and include:
- New family visiting area located off the main lobby. Residents and their guests will enjoy this comfortable area complete with a fireplace.
- Completely renovated resident dining area featuring new tables and chairs, an enhanced sound system for entertainment, flooring and freshly painted walls.
- A new reception area for the community.
- Cosmetic upgrades throughout the first floor include new carpet, hardwood flooring, wallpaper, and paint.
- Energy efficient lighting
“The team at Mary Immaculate dedicates its days to creating a home for our residents and their families,” shared Jeanne Leydon, president and chief executive officer of Mary Immaculate Health/Care Services. “These renovations provide a setting that equally matches the spirit of community that is at the heart of our care and has been since our founding sisters, the Grey Nuns, established Mary Immaculate almost 150 years ago.”
The MI Guild also elected officers for the term effective June 2017 to June 2018. The membership approved the following appointments to the MI Guild Board of Directors:
President: Diane Shikrallah
Treasurer: Donald Marinelli
Clerk: John Felci
Vice President: Leland Fastnacht
Chairperson: Jeanne Leyden
The MI Guild is more than 80 members strong and welcomes new members, both men and women, who are interested in making a difference for the Mary Immaculate community without a major time commitment. More information is available at www.mihcs.comwww.mihcs.com.